A. Student :
1.The term "student" for the purposes of this Code, means an individual for whom the University maintains student records and who:
- a) Is enrolled in or registered with an academic program of the University;
- b) Has completed the immediately preceding term and is eligible for reenrollment, including the recess periods between academic terms; or
- c) Is on an approved educational leave or other approved leave status, or is on filing-fee status.
2. The Code also applies to:
- a) Applicants who become students, for offenses committed as part of the application process;
- b) Applicants who become students, for offenses committed on campus and/or while participating in University-related events or activities that take place following a student's submittal of the application through his or her official enrollment; or
- c) Former students for offenses committed while a student.
All students must follow the rules and regulations listed in the Student Code of Conduct booklet. The basic purpose of the Student Code of Conduct is to help establish and maintain a safe and orderly environment, which must prevail if learning is to take place.
Student Code of Conduct rules are the same for all the students in the campus. These rules apply to any student whose conduct at any time or place has a direct and immediate effect on maintaining order and discipline in the campus.
Students Attendance :
- a) Students are expected to have a minimum of 75% attendance in each semester.
- b) Defaulters may be debarred from the final examination.
- c) Leave notes from parents/guardians and where needed, medical certificates are to be given to the coordinator to explain the absence of a student from class.
- d) The students should be punctual in attending their classes and functions. Late comers would be marked absent even though the teacher concerned may permit them to enter the class at their discretion.